This one day workshop begins with an intro to CIT’s Funding Support Programs, followed by a one hour intro to the SBIR/STTR programs. These first sessions are available for separate registration for those who only need an intro – ideal for incubator/accelerator cohorts, university researchers considering spinouts, and other early stage tech startups. These intro sessions will be followed by tips to help move from Phase I to Phase II and to Phase III, an overview of the key commercialization requirements of SBIR/STTR, review of legislation that provides advantages to SBIR/STTR companies, how to build business from your SBIR/STTR technologies, a look at some state programs designed to foster commercialization success for SBIR/STTR recipients, and how to use the sole source contracting provisions available to SBIR/STTR recipients.
- 9:00AM-9:15AM – Introduction to CIT’s Funding Support Programs – SBIR/STTR Support, CIT GAP Seed Fund, and the Commonwealth Research Commercialization Fund grant program, Robert Brooke, CIT
- 9:15AM-10:15AM: Intro to SBIR/STTR - A quick review of these programs to understand what the goals are, and what this means to long term success. John Davis, SBIR Resource Center
- 10:15AM-11:15AM: Keys to Moving from Phase I to Phase II (PART I) - You've received Phase, now what? A look at what it takes to deliver phase I results and what agencies expect in phase II commercialization plans. John Davis, SBIR Resource Center
- 11:00AM-11:15AM - BREAK
- 11:15-Noon: Keys to Moving from Phase I to Phase II (PART II) John Davis, SBIR Resource Center
- Noon-12:45 PM: LUNCH
- 12:45-1PM: State Programs to support SBIR/STTR Commercialization
- 1:00-1:45: Tips to Grow your Business - Keys to developing growth strategies in your business, selling to new markets, and tools that can help. GenEdge Alliance
- 1:45--4:30PM: Sole Source Contracting with SBIR/STTR - How to use the laws of SBIR/STTR to secure contracts at any federal agency. What is the law, how does this really work, what do you need to do, and how to proceed. John Davis, SBIR Resource Center.
-Virginia Small Tech Firms & University: $35 for full event, $10 for Morning Intro Sessions Only
-All Others: $85 for full event, $25 for Morning Intro Sessions Only