Research Chemist - Tympanogen
Tympanogen is a dynamic medical technology company that is shifting treatment paradigms in the ear, nose, and throat field. We develop novel, hydrogel-based medical devices for minimally invasive clinical procedures with the goal of reducing healthcare costs. We are hiring a Research Chemist to lead production of custom polymer reagents and material evaluation of our devices. The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Work independently and manage synthesis projects
- Scale up and optimize existing and new protocols
- Perform both chemical and material characterization tests
- Effectively interpret results for analytical and quality control purposes
- Compile and present final analysis reports
- Communicate clearly in person and in teleconference meetings
- Adapt to change quickly and effectively
- Stay updated with industry standards and best practices
- Polymer synthesis and modification
- Synthesis protocol scale-up (bench-scale to 20X)
- Post-baccalaureate industry experience
- Material characterization
- Quality control
Familiarity with using and interpreting data from the following equipment is preferred:
This position will involve meeting and working with the executive team on a regular basis. It is an opportunity to grow into a senior research and management role with the company.
The job is located in Tympanogen's lab at the Virginia Bio+Tech Park. Both full-time and part-time candidates will be considered.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.