Business Services Program Manager
Are you looking for a place to work where YOU and what you DO matters? Activation Capital engages and connects the many influential players in our innovation ecosystem, and strives to give startup founders access to the tools and resources they need to navigate the entrepreneurial process. This position is located at the VA Bio+Tech Park, a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of VA, with the mission to connect entrepreneurs to the resources to create, launch and grow businesses. The Business Services Program Manager will be a significant, if not the most significant point of contact, for the resident businesses we serve. The Business Services Program Manager is on the front-line and understands and prioritizes our residents’ needs: communicates effectively and empathetically in all interactions, and leaves individuals excited to be engaged. You will excel as a team member, helping the rest of the team find and capitalize on synergies, grow and excel in our performance, and reach our collective goals.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Be an enthusiastic professional capable of building strong and positive relationships with residents and welcome visitors, providing assistance as needed.
- Must be able to anticipate work needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines and provide outstanding communication to teammates.
- Manage internal and external events, to include managing conference rooms scheduling and work to create/revise room layouts and seating arrangements for each event as necessary, organize catering, and other refreshments as needed. Manage onsite production from start to finish, including making sure rooms are clean and ready for users.
- Oversee facilities management coordination with outside vendors and facilities operations for building maintenance issues and general repair, including the shared lab in the Bio+tech Center.
- Plan and oversee disaster and emergency procedures and response with appropriate leaders though out the VA Bio+Tech Park.
- Manage and maintain office equipment, inventory, and supplies.
- Monitor and prepare incoming and outgoing mail and shipping; receive and sign for mail/packages from couriers and deliver to proper recipient.
- Prepare correspondence, documents, or presentation materials as needed.
- Support CEO for overall operations and scheduling, including other projects as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or relative experience preferred.
- Resourceful and efficient with experience operating in a small and growing organization with limited resources.
- Forward-looking thinker, able to anticipate needs, foresee problems and propose solutions.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Highly-organized, with time management skills, who works well in a fast-paced environment using excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism.
- Non-profit and/or start up experience is a plus.
- Willingness to learn and to grow with the organization.
Please submit resumes and cover letters here.